Education and Outreach
Outreach has always been an important component of TERC activities in the Tahoe basin. Through our education and outreach programs our goal is to provide science-based information about the Lake Tahoe region in order to foster responsible action and stewardship.
We provide engaging exhibits, interactive hands-on educational activities, and conduct effective outreach to draw student groups, residents and visitors to our facilities. Our education programs inspire an interest in environmental sciences, stimulate curiosity, and motivate active conservation and preservation of freshwater resources, especially Lake Tahoe.
Education & Outreach
Thomas J. Long Foundation Education Center (Incline Village, Nevada) Educational Exhibits:
Tahoe City Field Station and Eriksson Education Center (Tahoe City, California)
The following educational programs are led by the UC Davis Tahoe Environmental Research Center:
- Annual Open House
- Children's Environmental Science Day
- Education Center and Green Building Tours
- Student Field Trips to Education Center
- Monthly Lecture Series
- Youth Science Institute
- Trout in the Classroom
- Special events include Children’s Environmental Science Day, Science Expo, and Family Science Day each year.
- Programs for educators include Project WET workshops, Watershed Tours, and Summer Tahoe Institute.
- Various technical workshops including the Physical Processes in Natural Waters, Streambank Restoration, and the biennial Tahoe Science Conference are scheduled at the Tahoe Center for Environmental Sciences building.