Tahoe Science Center and Incline Village Lab
Tahoe Science Center
291 Country Club Dr.
Incline Village, NV 89451
Located on the first floor of the Tahoe Center for Environmental Sciences building on the campus of Sierra Nevada College in Incline Village, Nevada. For directions click here)
The Tahoe Science Center has a little something (science-related) for everyone--docent-led tours, group tours and field trips, hands-on science activities, a monthly lecture series, and special events.
- For families looking for fun and learning, there are interactive exhibits on the Tahoe Basin's important ecological challenges and an award winning 3D movie, "Lake Tahoe In Depth." (Also available in Spanish)
- For school groups, there is a kid-friendly science curriculum covering topics such as geology, ecology, and more.
- For those interested in green homes and workplaces, there are working examples of sustainable design, construction, and landscaping in our LEED Platinum building.
- Funding support from the Thomas J. Long Foundation
Exhibits in the Tahoe Science Center include:
- Research Boat (click for more information)
- Virtual Laboratory (click for more information)
- 3D Visualization Theater (click for more information)
- "Shaping Watersheds" Interactive Sandbox (click for more information)
- Green Building Tours and Green Points of Interest (click for more information)
Please use the five visitor parking spaces located in the Sierra Nevada College campus parking lot off Country Club Drive outside the Tahoe Center for Environmental Sciences building. If no visitor parking spaces are available, obtain a dated Visitor Parking Permit from the volunteer docent on duty and park in a UC Davis parking space.
The UC Davis Tahoe Science Center is open Tuesday through Friday from 1 - 5 p.m. year round. Tours begin on the hour.
The Tahoe Science Center will closed for the following holidays:
- Cesar Chavez Holiday (Friday, March 21, 2017)
- Memorial Day Holiday (Monday, May 29, 2017)
- Independence Day Holiday (Tuesday, July 4, 2017)
- Labor Day Holiday (Monday, September 4, 2017)
Walk-in visitors are welcome during regular open hours. Call (775) 881-7566 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a large (10+) group tour.